I`m vertically challenged, living in a big city, trying to start a new life by finding a great job and a better body.



This is my story, Happy Reading :)




Friday, October 15, 2010

Who needs a beer??

After days like today, I understand why alcohol was invented and why people drink heavily on weekends.

My day started fine... It was a beautiful, sunny, slightly cool, fall day. I went to the gym, came home, showered and was off to do my running around.

This is when I should have noticed the big black clouds on the horizon.

Black cloud 1:
I went to the mall first, to pick up my paycheque that was 2 weeks overdue. I had been there 2 days earlier and was told by my Area Manager that they hadn`t received their Purolator shipment yet, and that it had just been shipped from their head office that day, so it would arrive Thursday at the eariest, but most likely Friday. I was told they would call me if it showed up Thursday, as the long awaited paycheque would be included in the shipment; if not, to pop by Friday afternoon.
After I didn`t get a phone call on Thursday, I stopped by today after lunch, thrilled to be done with them and to get the paycheque I had been waiting for 2 weeks for (they had sent it to the wrong store initially).

Yep, you guessed it. It wasn`t there.

I got the rep to call head office to find out *why* it didn`t show up, when the rest of the employees got theirs. I was informed that it was being mailed to me, and that they were surprised I hadn`t gotten  it yet.. I walked away from the kiosk. I couldn`t stay there any more. I was ready to snap.
I sat in my car for a few minutes to cool off and then went on to my next stop. Office Depot.

Black cloud 2:
I had a few things to print out and had them on a thumbdrive. Naturally, their computers wouldn`t read the thumb drive. *deep breaths*. I leave there and head home.

Time for some lunch and to email the files that I needed printed to Office Depot instead of the damned thumb drive. Before I leave the parking lot, I call my Area Manager and leave her a message to call me.. I wanted answers.

I didn`t hear back from her for almost 3 hours, so I called her back. Got a hold of her and got another load of BS.

So, after all this... I need a beer.. or several.

(and it did actually get cloudy today when I headed out to do my running around.. Ironic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment